NBA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Central

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Good Morning All, and please, remember, we need more posts, so please, get posting, and register if you're a guest

James' Trible-Double taken away

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Number of posts : 947
Favorite Team : Magic, Thunder, Hawks
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams
Mood : James' Trible-Double taken away Icon_sad
Mood : ::::..BORED.::::
Registration date : 2009-01-15

James' Trible-Double taken away Empty
PostSubject: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty7th February 2009, 19:56

CLEVELAND (AP)—LeBron James never saw this steal coming.

Two days after Cleveland’s superstar recorded an apparent historic triple-double in a 107-102 win against the New York Knicks, the NBA stripped James of one of his 10 rebounds after reviewing game tape. The league said the rebound with 39.3 seconds left should have been credited to Cavaliers center Ben Wallace, who tapped a loose ball that James grabbed.

Wallace finished with two rebounds but probably should have had more as several tip-outs were not scored as rebounds by the stats crew at Madison Square Garden.

A release from the league said: “All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics.” Wallace benefited from a review in a game at Charlotte on Dec. 6, when a blocked shot originally credited to Zydrunas Ilgauskas was changed to Wallace.

James finished with 52 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds.

If his triple-double had stood, it would have been the first 50-point game in a triple-double since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975. Instead, James lost it and the Cavaliers were dealt a second slap from the league as point guard Mo Williams was not picked—for the second time—as an All-Star reserve on Thursday.

With Orlando guard Jameer Nelson out with a shoulder injury, commissioner David Stern selected Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen over Williams, a slight that drew criticism from Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert and several Cavaliers. Williams, who is averaging 17.1 points for the Central-leading Cavs, was also left off the team in a vote by Eastern Conference coaches.

“Ben Wallace was right when he called Mo originally being passed over for the All-Star game a shamockery,” Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in a tongue-in-cheek e-mail to The Associated Press. “But not naming him as the natural and obvious replacement for the unfortunately injured Jameer Nelson is stupidiculous, idillogical and preposterageous.”

Earlier this week, James called Williams’ initial snub as “a total smack in the face.”

The Cavaliers, who will put their 23-game home winning streak on the line Sunday against the Los Angeles Lakers, are using Williams’ omission as motivation.

“He has played so well all year long and we’ve played great,” forward Wally Szczerbiak said. “Obviously LeBron is what makes our team tick, but there are other guys out there on the floor, especially Mo, who are contributing a lot. It’s a real injustice that Mo didn’t make it. I don’t know, maybe the coaches haven’t seen him enough. I can’t understand why.

“He’s made big shots and made big plays for us. What are you going to do? We’ll just move forward and use it as motivation.”

Cleveland will be represented in Phoenix by James as well as coach Mike Brown and his staff. Brown, though, feels the Cavaliers deserved more.

“It’s unfortunate that at the end of the day Boston has three guys and Orlando has three guys and we have one,” he said after practice on Friday. “LeBron is a hell of a player, but I wonder in people’s minds, what does that say about the rest of our team? Defensively we’re No. 1. I think our points per game differential is No. 1 Obviously, our record is what it is.

“There are a lot of things stat-wise that show we’re a pretty good team. For us not to be represented by multiple guys is disappointing.”

YAHOO SPORTS

Yay, now only Kobe has a record setting night at MSG this season.

.. Wait, didn't the Knicks have like 83 points in a half this year? Yes, they did. Now Kobe and the Knicks only have record setting nights at MSG this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/saeedkuzmar
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male
Number of posts : 372
Favorite Team : Boston Celtics
Favorite Players : Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Boris Diaw
Mood : James' Trible-Double taken away Icon_cool
Mood : Cheerful
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty8th February 2009, 10:53

Yeah I heard this on espn now LeBron James must be pissed off, Wallace had to take it away from him ae lol. What u guys think? I think it was pretty clear from my point of view.

James was superb that can and couldn't be stopped, a very close game considering that James grabbed 52 points.
Back to top Go down
https://nbacentral.forumotion.com
rjt
NBA All Star Team Rep.
rjt

Male
Number of posts : 368
Favorite Team : cleveland cavaliers
Favorite Players : lebron james
Mood : lazy
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty8th February 2009, 15:20

i knew it

and DAMN NBA!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=AvwKjUvNi2ddPzsuyEbRtQp
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty8th February 2009, 17:45

YES!

LeBron had a historical game with his best performance at Madison Square Garden but it was not enough to get him by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Back to top Go down
theheatfan
Street Baller
Street Baller
theheatfan

Male
Number of posts : 81
Favorite Team : Miami Heat
Favorite Players : wade, Kobe,Lebron ,Udonis
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty8th February 2009, 18:40

lol poor guy got his triple double snatched away from him

DAMN NBA
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty8th February 2009, 21:14

No,not damn NBA.

What if you were about to get a triple-double and your teammate got credit for it?

Of course Ben Wallace didn't get a 3-2 but he might want his stats up.
Back to top Go down
TrueDunker
Baby Baller

Male
Number of posts : 1
Mood : James' Trible-Double taken away Icon_basketball
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty4th March 2009, 11:20

Yes this must of been very dissapointing for him, Dam you Wallace lol. He had a great game and is definitely imo the best in the world. I am sure before the end of his career he will get more of them. Just cant wait until i see him in the slam dunk contest next year i really wanna know what he will pull out of the bag will he be better than dwight howard?
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty4th March 2009, 14:15

I want to see him fly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James' Trible-Double taken away   James' Trible-Double taken away Empty

Back to top Go down

James' Trible-Double taken away
Page 1 of 1