NBA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Central

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Good Morning All, and please, remember, we need more posts, so please, get posting, and register if you're a guest

Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male
Number of posts : 372
Favorite Team : Boston Celtics
Favorite Players : Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Boris Diaw
Mood : Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Icon_cool
Mood : Cheerful
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty
PostSubject: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty25th January 2009, 10:15

With losses against the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat I think Orlando Magic will begin to fold and will start to on a lossing streak soon they just haven't looked good since that win over the Los Angeles Lakers. They just always seem to struggling in the middle quarters which makes it hard for them to make a fight back as they are so far behind. They getting many points off the bench which other teams seem to be able to do maybe they need to have a look at this problem in the offseason to solve the problem.

They have a two day break so hopefully that refreshes them and turns around the two game lossing streak. There next game is against the Pacers which they should win although in this form at the moment there are some doubts.

Do you guys think they will get back on track or will this be another "Boston Celtic Run"?
What are your thoughts on the Orlando Magic?
Do they need a good quality benchman?
Back to top Go down
https://nbacentral.forumotion.com
rjt
NBA All Star Team Rep.
rjt

Male
Number of posts : 368
Favorite Team : cleveland cavaliers
Favorite Players : lebron james
Mood : lazy
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty25th January 2009, 11:05

and yeah,they will lose again and go on a terrible lossing streak just like the Boston Celtics were on during the mid season! But they should be able to turn around it with the names of Dwight Howard etc...... Watch they will be back

just like celtics!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=AvwKjUvNi2ddPzsuyEbRtQp
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Number of posts : 947
Favorite Team : Magic, Thunder, Hawks
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams
Mood : Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Icon_sad
Mood : ::::..BORED.::::
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty26th January 2009, 04:33

Well, not really. They will still maintain being title contenders and top 5 in the league. I agree they will go on a losing streak. Basketball games are about exchanging streaks, shouldn't basketball seasons be about exchanging streaks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/saeedkuzmar
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty26th January 2009, 05:58

Well I always like consistently in my teams but they just cant avoid hiding from a terrible run of form. If a team is not preforming they will just get punished, it takes 5 players on a court to win a game not 1. The team has to be gelling to be able to winning which for some reason the Magic aren't.

Who do you think will lift them again?

Possibly it will be Dwight Howard but I believe it will just take a quarter to bring back their form.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty26th January 2009, 23:03

I agreee with you SlamDunk on the whole it takes 5 players not 1. But the Magic are using all 5 players the need to use. Mickael Pietrus is injured now so you can't count him now.

Nelson- Having a great year, should be an All-Star

Pietrus- Huge part of their success, big part when nobody knew him

Turkuglo- I have to say I am a little disappointed in him this year as many people expected an All-Star season.

Lewis- Big season for him this year, has lived up to his expectations a playing PF

Howard- Don't really need to say anything, you know, i will just keep going on and on
Back to top Go down
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty26th January 2009, 23:31

Oh i have to say Nelson and Turkuglo are in great form at the moment and have surprised me abit. The Orlando Magic have a strong team and it will be interesting to see what they do in the off season.

Imo Hedo has had a great year but you have your opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty26th January 2009, 23:46

Yes, I see.

Team of the future along with the Thunder.
Back to top Go down
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty27th January 2009, 03:06

Well the Orlando are no team of the future as they are one of the best teams now. But yes they look like they have some good young named players that will be very interesting to see what happens in teh coming years.

As far as I see the Bobcats, Thunder and the Bucks look like the teams of the future, all those teams hold some very young and good players that all look like they might put on a all star jersey. Out of those clubs the Thunder look like they will be title contenders in the next years and Kevin Durant will lead them there!
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty27th January 2009, 04:57

Ya. But you have to admit, Dwight is a little young. I wasn't talking about 5-10 years future, just a few years. Hedo and Rashard are the only "old" guys in the MAIN rotation, so, ya.
Back to top Go down
theheatfan
Street Baller
Street Baller
theheatfan

Male
Number of posts : 81
Favorite Team : Miami Heat
Favorite Players : wade, Kobe,Lebron ,Udonis
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty27th January 2009, 05:57

Yeah the Magic have no depth at the bench and No I don't think that they will go on a losing streak cause they have a Great starting lineup.....But for the past few games their defense has been lazy and sloppy so they better get back on track
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty27th January 2009, 21:50

Ya, Dwight Howard can't carry the team that easily because there are other great players on the team (Turkuglo, Lewis, Pietrus (injured), Nelson)

Of course they do not have a good bench at all.

Dwight howard doesn't have to lead the team, he just has to be part of it.
Like in baseball. The Yankees. Derek Jeter (in this case Nelson, Turkuglo, Lewis) make the team much better and Alex Rodrigeuz (in this case Dwight Howard) just does what he does to win.
Back to top Go down
Witness_LBJ 23
Street Baller
Street Baller
Witness_LBJ 23

Male
Number of posts : 86
Favorite Team : Cleveland Cavaliers!
Favorite Players : LeBron James ! ™️
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty30th January 2009, 15:50

Well they are 14 for their last 16.
& they've beaten the top teams in the NBA
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty30th January 2009, 15:55

Yes they have. I can see them in the Eastern Conference Finals, possibely the NBA FInals this year. They have been on tempo the whole year. I don't see them losing many games in a streak.
Back to top Go down
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty1st February 2009, 04:04

sk22allstars wrote:
Yes they have. I can see them in the Eastern Conference Finals, possibely the NBA FInals this year. They have been on tempo the whole year. I don't see them losing many games in a streak.

Well they did it early on in the year so you will never know but it would take a lot of good teams to put them back on a lossing streak. As far as their bench goes yes i agree definitely not as strong as many teams but they are still doing the job atm. And their starting side is one of the top teams behind the likes of the Celtics and Cavs. I cant say the Lakers have a better team than the Magic due to Kobe Bryant is the main contributer to the side.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty1st February 2009, 05:37

Yes, I agree with the Magic are a better team than the Lakers. Kobe is doing all the work. But as some Lakers fans might say, Dwight Howard is doing all the work for the Magic. I wouldn't think so. Howard is averaging only 20 points per game. He has most rebounds and most blocks, as well as some steals now and then. He is not the contributer in scoring or assists, as Kobe is the best in almost all categories for the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty2nd February 2009, 05:18

Well, they have just won by about 23 so I hink they are getting there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?   Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Orlando off the Pace at the moment?
Page 1 of 1