NBA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Central

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Good Morning All, and please, remember, we need more posts, so please, get posting, and register if you're a guest

Grizzard settling into 76ers style

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male
Number of posts : 372
Favorite Team : Boston Celtics
Favorite Players : Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Boris Diaw
Mood : Grizzard settling into 76ers style Icon_cool
Mood : Cheerful
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Grizzard settling into 76ers style Empty
PostSubject: Grizzard settling into 76ers style   Grizzard settling into 76ers style Empty13th January 2009, 05:47

Grizzard believes the Adelaide 36ers' style of play suits him better than the one used by the Melbourne Tigers.

Grizzard, who has joined the Sixers to replace Julius Hodge, who walked out on the club last week over a pay dispute, said the South Australian team's approach is more straight forward than the Tigers' 'shuffle' offence.

"You have to be comfortable in it and we never really got comfortable in it so that was probably the reason for the change," Grizzard said of Melbourne's game plan and his departure from the club last month."I like Adelaide, I like the style of game the guys play and I like the up and down pace. Melbourne was cool but I think maybe Adelaide fits my mentality of basketball."If the 28 year old likes life uncomplicated then the past week must have been a nightmare. After being cut by the Tigers last month, he headed back to his home in Alabama.He'd hardly had a chance to unpack his bags when the Sixers sent out the SOS for him to return to Australia."The last week, before I got the call, I was watching basketball and not really knowing my next move and all of sudden I'm here," he said."It opened the door for me so that's about as much as know about it right now.""It's kind of a shock but that's the game - up and down."

Grizzard said he was keen to stamp his own brand of basketball on the 36ers, rather than just be considered a replacement player. He was also keen to downplay the problems the Sixers have faced in recent times."Nah, I'm not a Julius Hodge. My name is totally different but I can play that style of game but I don't have to have the ball all the time," he said."I'm a totally different player, but I really don't know the circumstances to why they (Sixers and Hodge) parted, but it's not for me to come and try and figure it out.""I'm a totally different player with a totally different game so it's up to me come and help the guys keep winning.""That's my job to keep us on the winning track."

http://sportal.com.au/basketball-news-display/grizzard-settling-in-63264

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on this guy? Would you of brought him to the club?

Last edited by Phoenix Nashevelt on 20th January 2009, 18:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's brought, not brang)
Back to top Go down
https://nbacentral.forumotion.com
TheFeldster
Admin
Admin
TheFeldster

Male
Number of posts : 310
Favorite Team : Milwaukee Bucks
Favorite Players : Andrew Bogut, Ray Allen
Mood : Grizzard settling into 76ers style Icon_cool
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Grizzard settling into 76ers style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grizzard settling into 76ers style   Grizzard settling into 76ers style Empty13th January 2009, 05:56

Yeah, we'll take him. Woulda preferred Hodgey though...
Back to top Go down

Grizzard settling into 76ers style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NBA Central :: OTHER BASKETBALL :: NBL-
Jump to: