NBA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Central

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Good Morning All, and please, remember, we need more posts, so please, get posting, and register if you're a guest

What would you rank these players as?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Number of posts : 947
Favorite Team : Magic, Thunder, Hawks
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams
Mood : What would you rank these players as? Icon_sad
Mood : ::::..BORED.::::
Registration date : 2009-01-15

What would you rank these players as? Empty
PostSubject: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty14th March 2009, 15:20

Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Trevor Ariza
Lamar Odom
Tyson Chandler
Ben Gordon
Baron Davis

(A) Mega Star (Bryant, James, Garnett)
(B) Super Star (Iverson, Yao, Stoudemire)
(C) Star (Iguodala, Harris, KevinMartin)
(D) Average (AndreMiller, Fisher, Jefferson)
(E) None of the above (Pietrus, Vujacic, Calderon)

MINE:
Ray Allen~ I would put him as a Super Star (B) because he is not the type of player that can be an All-Star starter but can definetely get the stats and improve a team by at least 10 games. I would put him over (C) because he only seems incapable of doing things because he is surrounded by Garnett, Rondo, and Pierce.

Paul Pierce~ Same as Allen. But this guy, many people can see him being a Super Star, unlike Allen. This is because he was the Finals MVP and has great numbers this season.

Trevor Ariza~ I would not put him in the top 2 for sure. Maybe (C), but I am leanng towards (D). I do this because:
1. He is a backup
2. He cannot shoot very well for his position
3. He is too flashy (I KNOW people will get mad at me for this)

Lamar Odom~ He is 100% capable of being a (B) if he was playing like he was when Bynum was first injured. Right now I put him a (C) because of his tense attitude and, he doesn't bring his 'A' game every night, something Howard/Bryant/James/etc. would do.

Tyson Chandler~ He fits perfectly into (C), but can also be considered (B), by Hornets fans. He is as productive to the Hornets as how productive Pau Gasol is to the Lakers or Nelson to the Magic.

Ben Gordon~ He has been dropping down year after year after year. I would put him between (D) and (C), but closer to (D) because he is tired of playing the game and having no fame, AT ALL. He basically just quits out.

Baron Davis~ He has dropped down to the (C) level ever since he first started playing with the Clippers. Look at their record....... I'll wait...... You see what I mean? He was supposed to lead them to a playoff berth. And he makes the word supposed look like fall
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/saeedkuzmar
loveofthegame5
Baby Baller

Male
Number of posts : 14
Mood : What would you rank these players as? Icon_cool
Mood : Chillin
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 00:02

Ray Allen-Star/Can't carry a team by himself(in terms of playoff success). But it doesn't mean I don't like his game. I remember watching Ray getting his normal work in from behind the 3 point line and at one point made like 27 out of 30 or something like that. Such a quick release. I also own "He got Game" Great movie.

Paul Pierce-super star. He's a flat out stud who suffered with bad players around him in the past. But has gotten to the conference finals without KG and Ray allen. Great savvy, strength, and stroke as a offensive player. Improved defensive player.

Ariza-Role player on the rise. Has improved the perimeter shot. Has always been a good defender, I used to watch him every night when he played for the Knicks. He was a raw back then. I don't think Ariza is destined for stardom, but he could be one of the next great role players.

Lamar Odom-In between star and average. Odom teases everybody with his play sometimes, because if he's aggressive, the Lakers are a much different and effective team.

Tyson Chandler-I'll give him the star nod. Because his game gives New Orleans a lot of intangibles. (defensively). Offensively, he's a bigger Kenyon Martin in the sense that all of his points come because he plays with a great point guard.

Ben Gordon-Between C and D. I just think he has peaked as a NBA player. With that being said, I hate hearing about players who over value themselves. It just shows you what being paid millions of dollar does for your ego.

Baron Davis-B in the right system. Dunleavy needs to simplify his playbook and let the Clippers run more. When you bring a player in to change your franchise's fortune, You usually placate their talent. It also doesn't help to bring in a team killer in Zach Randolph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weaksiderejection.blogspot.com
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male
Favorite Players : Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Williams

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 00:47

Ray Allen has always been the #1 shooter in the NBA, imo.

Better than Kobe, Arenas, Nash, and Nowitzki.
Back to top Go down
loveofthegame5
Baby Baller

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 02:02

Yeah, sure he has. But not a better overall player then some of the marquis names you just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male
Number of posts : 372
Favorite Team : Boston Celtics
Favorite Players : Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Boris Diaw
Mood : Cheerful
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 07:45

Allen, Kapono, Peirce and Cook are probalely the top 3 point schooters of late and especially the young rookie Cook from the Heat.

This is how I see it:

(A) Mega Star (Bryant, James, Howard)
(B) Super Star (Garnet, Stoudemire, Paul)
(C) Star (Nowitzki, Durant, Duncan)

That is how I rank the top players this is my opinion and think that I am pretty accurate. I really wanna see what you guys think?

Sk22allstars Dwight Howard is the best defender in the game and wonder how he missed out on your Mega Stars, sadly I couldnt put Paul in there but if I could put 4 i would surely have him in there.

I am keen to find out your guys thoughts on top players from each position:

It will be very interesting where Stoudemire ends up after he is traded as this looks likely, he is my 2nd favourite Centre and possibly Nba's 2nd best centre. I think we are beginning to forget about the San Antonio Spurs players but no wonder I just think there play is boring but they have some great players with the like of Duncan and Parker but the Spurs do the basics and that is all that is needed.
Back to top Go down
https://nbacentral.forumotion.com
loveofthegame5
Baby Baller

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 08:29

I'm going to say disagree respectfully, I have a problem with the order of that group. Here are the problems in my opinion:

Howard shouldn't be over Duncan, nor should Stoudemire. I have a bigger issue with Stoudemire because he doesn't D up. The numbers DO lie on this one offensively because Popovich monitors Timmy's minutes during the regular season. Tim Duncan is one of the greatest bigs we've ever seen. He just doesn't get media coverage. 4 Rings. I repeat, 4 rings.

I also think Paul should be in the A bracket.
Back to top Go down
SlamDunk
Super Admin
Super Admin
SlamDunk

Male
Number of posts : 372
Favorite Team : Boston Celtics
Favorite Players : Kevin Durant, Rajon Rondo, Boris Diaw
Mood : Cheerful
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 08:40

Yeah i know he is less known now days due to the boring style imo the Spurs play. Yeah I just think Stoudemire has had a bigger season the Duncan this season until he picked up that eye injury. I think Dirk has picked up the least interest and he is a great leader at the Mavs.

Do you agree Howard over Garnett? I am a Celtics man and Garnett is getting a little to old for Howard if you get me, but he is sure one of the best power forwards and make a huge difference to the Bostons defence and that has been proved since he has left injured
Back to top Go down
https://nbacentral.forumotion.com
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 13:11

SlamDunk wrote:
Allen, Kapono, Peirce and Cook are probalely the top 3 point schooters of late and especially the young rookie Cook from the Heat.

This is how I see it:

(A) Mega Star (Bryant, James, Howard)
(B) Super Star (Garnet, Stoudemire, Paul)
(C) Star (Nowitzki, Durant, Duncan)

That is how I rank the top players this is my opinion and think that I am pretty accurate. I really wanna see what you guys think?

Sk22allstars Dwight Howard is the best defender in the game and wonder how he missed out on your Mega Stars, sadly I couldnt put Paul in there but if I could put 4 i would surely have him in there.

I am keen to find out your guys thoughts on top players from each position:

It will be very interesting where Stoudemire ends up after he is traded as this looks likely, he is my 2nd favourite Centre and possibly Nba's 2nd best centre. I think we are beginning to forget about the San Antonio Spurs players but no wonder I just think there play is boring but they have some great players with the like of Duncan and Parker but the Spurs do the basics and that is all that is needed.

Did you just say Pierce? Nash, Arenas, and Bryant are way better shooters than Pierce. But I agree with the Nowitzki thing. But still, Pierce?
Back to top Go down
loveofthegame5
Baby Baller

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 17:37

Howard has to prove he can score consistently on the block without dunking the ball. His power dunks get cut down dramatically during the post season. The averages are pretty much the same, but that's what usually holds Orlando back, that and being matched up with Detroit last year.

Dirk is a good player, but that playoff series is always going to be mentioned with his name. You can't have a 67 win team, get roughed around by stephen jackson, and let the eighth seed send you home.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 20:36

Mavs were #1 seed that year? I thought they were #2 seed, and Spurs were #1.
Back to top Go down
loveofthegame5
Baby Baller

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty16th March 2009, 20:59

lol they had 67 wins. That's one of the better regular season records in NBA history. The Spurs have never gotten up to 67 in a season. I'm sure you can look that up

That was a series where Dirk was needed to take over. More specifically, punish stephen jackson down low. Jackson got physical with him, and Dirk for the most part had a down series. That was his MVP year also.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty17th March 2009, 03:30

Ok. I remember Golden State beating Dallas but I forgot how much a big deal it was
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Admin
Admin
TheFeldster

Male
Number of posts : 310
Favorite Team : Milwaukee Bucks
Favorite Players : Andrew Bogut, Ray Allen
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty17th March 2009, 10:17

Ray Allen (B)
Paul Pierce (B)
Trevor Ariza (D)
Lamar Odom (C)
Tyson Chandler (B)
Ben Gordon (C)
Baron Davis (C)

They are all fairly decent players, except Ariza hasn't impressed me. Mega-Star (A) should be reserved for 5 names: LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul IMO
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty17th March 2009, 12:48

Ya, Mega-Star was a little to high off for this group. And, do you think they would be a good team? Like, in chemistry, not wins.
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Admin
Admin
TheFeldster

Male
Number of posts : 310
Favorite Team : Milwaukee Bucks
Favorite Players : Andrew Bogut, Ray Allen
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty21st March 2009, 01:17

No, those players wouldn't be good chemistry wisre. The egos of Paul Pierce and Baron Davis will clash, and Lamar Odom would get grumpy having to play behind Paul Pierce all the time.
Back to top Go down
sk22allstars
sk22allstars

Male

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty21st March 2009, 04:16

Haha. Your right. But Odom would be a starting power Forward, and Ariza, Gordon wouldn't like the bench very much. Well, Ariza is on the bench now, so, humph.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you rank these players as?   What would you rank these players as? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you rank these players as?
Page 1 of 1